Apr 9, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday/Whole30 Day 3

I am not to enthused about today. Maybe it's the lack of energy. Maybe it's the lack of weight loss. I don't know. I got up and weighed myself this morning. I had contemplated on not revealing my weight. The Whole30 program would like for you to chunk the scale for 30 days, well... that's not me. I have thoughts on doing it. I just don't know how long it would last if I actually did it. I'm not  going to lie, I thought about using the Whole30 as my excuse to not post my weight, but then, what would that do? Nothing. It wouldn't change the number. It wouldn't affect any of you. It would just make me feel bad for being a fibber. And, NO ONE likes a fibber! So, here it goes....


Today is...



Last Wednesday (Here) I weighed 264. Today, I weigh 

263

12 lb total loss since March 16, 2014

I wanted so bad to hit that 260 flat mark this week. But, that's what next Wednesday is for. I am busting my butt for this weight loss. I have tried so hard since after I sabotaged my surgery. This is the first time that I have seen these kind of results. I haven't given up. I won't give up.

At day 3 of the Whole30, I feel like death. All I want to do is sleep. I have the worst headache. I have never wanted a piece of toast so bad in my whole life. I would bathe naked in a pile of toast just to get the crumbs on me. I want to run through a field of pasta, throwing it up in the air, catching it in my mouth as it falls gracefully to the ground. Carbs are pure evil. Thank God for my Larabar's. I was afraid I wouldn't like them, nope not the case. I am in absolute love. 



I am pushing through this. I know what some of you are thinking. "It's only day 3, get over it." Well, I'm 263 lbs (of pure awesomeness) it's not that easy for me.





I am going to get back in the gym on Monday, I am hoping these headaches will have died down by then, if not, tough shat. I'll go anyways.

My two best friends sisters are getting married next year. I don't want to be Miss. Back-Fat-Betty up there. I want to be as beautiful as I can be for me (as well as them) on their day. It's one of the biggest days in their lives, and they don't need my fat ass ruining it, with... my.. fat ass? So I have other goals set in the mix. #operationbridemaids

Speaking of marriage and stuff, the other day when I was Pinteresting, I found this:




I told Dayton I wouldn't accept his proposal unless he has this with him. This is amazing. I would wear it every single day. And then everyone would refer to me as FEYONCE. Like Fiance, but with attitude.




I need this as well.

Does anyone know where to find a Mandoline Slicer that won't cost an arm and a leg? I don't need a huge on. the biggest thing I would cut is sweet potatoes.






And on that note, I must bid you adieu.

 photo kaela_zpse4648d85.png

26 comments:

  1. I can't get away from my weight right now. Like seriously, I have fought with 5 lbs back and forth. They're gone one day, back the next. I'm going to change up my routine a bit and see if it helps, maybe add more weights.

    You're doing great, you'll see the benefits - keep pushing! This time next year you will laugh as you aren't anywhere near the 63 mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like your body just wants to play tricks on you, well we don't have time for that!!! Plateaus are sooo discouraging. I'm sure changing it up will help those 5 lbs come off quick! Good luck!! And thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. You are a great writer and I love your sense of humor! Laughing makes life better even if you can't eat anything fun right?? Being on a strict diet is soooo hard. The last time I was on a super restrictive diet (low carb) I seriously went a little crazy (my poor husband can vouch for that!). My brain just doesn't function well when I cut my carbs too low. It can also be really hard to find a balance when the diet is over. I wish you the best of luck! I think you're sense of humor and a good attitude will help you accomplish anything you set your mind to! Stay positive:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it'll pass. Sometimes people will ask me something and I just stare, I know the answer, but my brain won't catch up to my mouth! Thank you so much! That is very nice of you to say. I like to laugh at myself, if not, I imagine I probably wouldn't be very fun to be around!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the 1 lb loss but it is still a loss! Just keep on doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am trying to see if as. Maybe my body is just confused, and holding on to my past carbs? lol no clue. I really want to meet with a nutritionist, find out some information face to face instead of just googling. I have tons of questions, people are super helpful, but I want a one on one break down!

      Delete
  4. Hang in there girl!! It's still a loss--and you are just as fierce as Beyonce!!! Love you long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I died!!! Has to be top 10 one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

      Delete
  6. I just started reading your blog - you're doing a great job! I actually finished the Whole30 one week ago. Please keep going! I have become a complete evangelist for this lifestyle since it did so many awesome things for me and my husband! Hopefully this won't be a book; I just want to give you some encouragement - because I certainly needed it at times last month.

    So I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for about 6 months after losing 25 pounds last year. I had about 40 left to go. Whole30 completely pushed me past my plateau. My husband and I lost 15 pounds each in the last 5 weeks. He had terrible eczema, digestive issues often, frequent headaches; I had seborrheic dermatitis and headaches a few times a week. All cleared up by week 3. My skin is also much clearer and feels really different & smoother.

    The first two weeks of Whole30 are hard - the first week is the hardest. But really truly, you will get rid of cravings and not even be hungry in between meals most of the time. It's crazy how cutting out sugar/grains/dairy can completely change your appetite. It does get to be a bit of a pain after a while having to cook so much, but feeling better is worth it. I'm actually going to try to stick to paleo 90% of the time.

    Sorry this was so long - good luck in your journey!! Push through it, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Don't apologize at all! I like hearing success stories. I like to know that REAL people can do it. this first week is hard, I have zero enegery to even want to get up and cook! But, I do it anyways. I pushing through. I know it will get better. I just trying to push past knowing, and actually getting there! My aunt is a paleo freak, so she knows a lot of info. I need to get with her and figure some more things out. I'm just afraid by the time the 30 days are up, I won't want to ever look at meat again. lol Did you and your husband work out as well?

      Delete
    2. My husband actually doesn't work out at all...something I gently encourage, but don't go any further than that or I'd get my head bitten off. But he still lost 15 pounds - and 15 pounds before the Whole30 just from giving up soda. I work out 4-6 times a week (mix of strength training/yoga/kick-boxing/Zumba/jogging) depending on how lazy I am, and those first couple weeks I was definitely feeling on the lazy side.

      And that's good you have your aunt to talk to paleo about - all my friends and family thought we were on some crazy hippie diet :)

      Delete
  7. Don't lose hope with Whole30 - the scale really is not the teller of truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to follow your blog, but i couldn't firgure out how? lol

      I know. I need to take my pictures from my 24 day challenege. Maybe that will lift me up!

      Delete
    2. I've probably got my blog all messed up! I think you can search bamagirlinaz.blogspot and I'll show up! You are doing great!

      Delete
  8. A pound is still a weight loss, better than a gain or no loss! Congrats, I too feel very frustrated with the speed at which I loose weight over gain it! Just my metabolism :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shirt is amazing! And don't give up, YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your loss 1 pound is 1 pound!! You will get there it just takes a ton of freaking time believe me I lost 50 pounds pretty quick then I played with the same 5 pounds for a year. I am just starting to lose again. It sucks sometimes but just keep pushing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to get into my old slumps of "well you're not losing, might as well give up". I know I didn't put it all on over night, so it will take me a while, it just sucks!!

      Delete
  11. Nice loss! I am always pumped for any loss! It means I'm one step closer! I'm loving the Feyonce shirt! Lol! Good luck with the Whole 30. I could never do it, but I know people who have, and who have actually maintained a paleo lifestyle afterwards. Hang in there girl!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, I am actually feeling good today! BUT it is only 10:30 lol. So we will see! Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the loss! Mine was a 1 lb loss this morning too from last week. While I would love to see like a 5 lb loss after feeling like I've been starving myself all week, I will take what I can get haha. Check out Amazon for the slicer. I can't remember the exact brand I have, but I saw one simliar to what I have with good reviews on there for $30. The brand name was Swissmar Borner. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will def look into it. I want one so bad, just seems like it saves so much time!

      Delete