Apr 16, 2014

Weigh in Wednesday.



Yup, it's that day again. Today marks the official one month anniversary of me being healthy. It hasn't been as tough as I thought it was going to be. There are times that I have wanted to murder for some food, but I have resisted those urges. On day one, a month seems forever away, then on day 31, a month feels like a breeze. Time passes anyways. That is one thing that is ALWAYS constant and consistent. (Unfortunately).

I wanted to lose 15 lbs. I thought that was a far number. I also figured in my head, if I lost 15 lbs a month, I would be down to 200 in about 5 months. The goal seems pretty realistic to me. So, lets figure this up. 5 months from March, is August. By August, I would love to be 200 lbs. By September, I would love to have my surgery scheduled.

Anyways, lets get to it.
Last week 263
Today 262
Another pound gone, for a total of 13 lbs lost. Not quite 15, but I will take it. I am extremely proud of myself. I honestly didn't think I could pull it off. But, I did.





I promised myself that I would get into the gym Monday. Well, myself lied. I came to work prepared, bag packed of gym stuff. Dayton texted me and asked if I would like to go to the Rangers game. And Duh, the answer to that question will always be yes. It was freezing cold, and some jerk spilt their drink behind me, which then soaked my shoes, but I love ever minute of the games. Especially seeing this adorable face...



.

The hardest part about being at the game was seeing all of the food. Garlic fries. Ballpark nachos. Loaded nachos. Cheese fries. Chili cheese fries. Hot dogs. Candy. Cotton Candy. Funnel Cakes... The list goes on.. The smells. Damn the smells!!!! Even though we had an embarrassing loss, and I froze my lady balls off, I had an amazing time. One of my goals in life is to see them play every single team. So far, I have seen 6.

Yesterday was a really hard day for me. I am still feeling it today. My first born fur baby was in an accident. We aren't to sure on what happened. We think that maybe she got hit by a car. My mom took her to the vet late Monday night. She couldn't walk on her back legs, every time she tried, she would just collapse. The vet told her it was a spinal injury and that they would have to keep her over night, get an IV in her, giver her steroids and pain meds, and then see how she feels over the next 48 hours, then they would discuss further options. Further options being, surgery which starts at $5,000 or her possibly being put to sleep. Yesterday morning, we went up to see her. She was super excited. She stood up on the cage door, back legs supporting her weight. After a few seconds, she fell. We spent about 30 minutes just talking and cuddling her. When the vet came in, he told us that he had seen improvement from the night before, and that it's a good sign that she thinks she can walk and tries to. He then consulted a neurologist (who knew dogs had neurologists). The neurologist said that Kam either had an bulging disc in her back, or a spinal stroke. But that he wouldn't know for sure unless they did a CT or MRI. Which is $2500. We decided to go the medicine route, just take care of her and give her lots of love and lots of rest. People live with both of those things all of the time, so why can't she? I am hoping that with each day that passes, she will get better and better. She is my angel baby.




She is always so incredibly happy.

I am feeling weak. All I want to do is lay in bed. I have had a horrendous headache for the past two days. I hate the overwhelming 'blahness' that engulfs me sometimes. I really just want a huge jug of sweet tea, my remote, sleepy puppies, lights off and a cold room. Being an adult ruins everything. We have so many plans this weekend. And I just want sleep. 

And on that note, I must bid you adieu.  


 photo kaela_zpse4648d85.png

4 comments:

  1. You really inspire me to keep pushing.. I've wanted to give up so bad lately and I definitely haven't been doing what I should be doing.. but I haven't complete given up yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. Always keep going, you won't regret the time spent being healthy. However, you will regret the 10 lbs you gain back! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Kaela! I am so sorry about the dog! She looks like an angel! My daughter freaked out when she saw your dog! Oh!! and good job with the weight loss too! Keep going friend!

    ReplyDelete