Apr 28, 2014

So, it's Monday.

After getting on here and reading several other blogs that had weekend fails, I don't feel too bad. I ate junk food like no other this weekend. I put down a whole bag of cheetos. No shame in my game. They were freaking Delicious.


Khaleesi wanted some as well, it wasn't working out for her.

Weekend recap:

On Friday I got off early, Dayton and I went up to the running store. They had me put on some test shoes, and walk/run on their treadmill. Afterwards, they showed me what it looked like when I was done. Let me tell you, I have no clue how I have not snapped my ankles in two. I run completely on the insides of my feet, SEVERE overpronation. I know what you're thinking, because I thought it too. Stop being so fat and that won't happen. Well, we are wrong. My overpronation is how my body absorbs shock. It is just how our bodies are built. They pulled out a couple of shoes for me to try. None of them were working too well. So the lady decides to put me in a men's shoe...... Let me just show you said shoe.



What in the Sketcher's shape up hell is this? No. Just No. And to top it all off, these suckers were $140. Uh, no thanks. For your information, they are called the Beast's by Brooks. Beast. What a lovely delicate name. I told the lady I would think about it, and come back.
I was super discouraged when we left, but I thought that I saw another running store on our way to this one, so we did a U-y. Which brought us to the wonderful Luke's Locker. The man that helped me was extremely nice. He knew exactly what he was talking about. He told me that the beast was a corrective shoe, and that for someone who has never been in a corrective shoe, it probably wasn't a good idea to put them in one. Which thank the Lord, I know my feet need to be comfortable while I run, but can we please add some style?? He brought out a few pairs, he told me that I need to feel like I'm shoe-less. 



That's where the beauts come in. I was so incredibly happy that I found these. I will be using them for the first time today. Hopefully it will improve my running!!
I HIGHLY suggest everyone go test their feet. Over 60-70% overpronate. It's important to have that stability and support while running!
Of course, I am NO expert, so what do I know?

Like I said, it is a Monday, I woke up thirty minutes late. Then, while driving to work, my tire pressure light comes on. I have a lovely flat tire. Fingers crossed that we can patch that sucker up.



I have found a new love. It's The Mindy Project.
If you don't watch it, you should. It makes me chuckle. I love shows like that. I recently got on Hulu, have to say, I love it. I don't like the stupid adds, but its better than commercials. If anyone wants to recommend a show for me to watch, I would appreciate it. Dayton is fixing to start working nights, and after my workouts, I will need something to occupy my time. I am not looking forward to it at all, but, it is what it is.




I'm the type of person who will let negativity affect me for about an hour, and then I'm over it. An hour is way too long though. I am negative enough, I don't need others adding onto it. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read my blog. If you have a problem with me, don't be a troll. I am on this journey for ME. No one else. I don't have to explain a decision I make, to ANYONE. Especially people who aren't apart of my life. There is always going to be some speculations about you, and that's fine. I share things on here, because I want to. I am an open book here, because I choose to be. I have shared my faults, numerous times. I will own up to them. Making assumptions really only makes an ass out of YOU. I think since writing this blog, I have changed my perception about things/people. When you start to change your life for the better, you see things differently. I may not have it all together, I certainly don't claim to. But, I also don't share things with people, so they can twist them around. When faced with difficult times, you find out who is really in it for YOU. I don't just sit back and let things happen. I hate confrontation, but if I don't like how I am being treated, I will confront you. And then I move on from the situation. Because that's what life is. One big confrontation. You can sulk, be negative, wish horrible things on people. Or, you can put your big girl panties on, and get over it. That is what I am choosing. To get over everything. I am wiping my slate clean. Pulling up those big girl panties, and releasing all of my anger.
 Here's to a new start.




Here's a parting gift. You're welcome.


And on that note, I must bid you adieu.
 photo kaela_zpse4648d85.png

12 comments:

  1. Looking good in your big girl panties:)
    But seriously...stay away from the Cheetos!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, chips of any kind are the bane of my existence! I cannot stop once I start and why in the world are they so freaking delicious!? Ahh your Khaleesi is just adorable and love the new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frito lays should stop selling big bags of chips lol. It would make my life a lot easier.

      Delete
  3. Love the pink shoes I definitely need some new shoes my walmart ones are about ratchet!
    Hey we all make mistakes getting back up and on track is all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm hoping i can kick butt with them today!

      Delete
  4. I did one of those assessments once and they recommended these super supportive shoes. Ended up being terrible and now I have less supportive shoes and less running injuries. Glad you didn't get the big ones and bought the cute pink ones instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see how anyone could run in those bad boys. They are so clunky!!!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, you can see why those corrective shoes are called 'Beast' and can't believe she recommended those shoes to you, seriously, most people already feel self conscious without wearing those monstrosities! Your choice is much more cuter.

    Sorry to hear about people being general asses, but keep doing what you're doing and leave them to it as the problem is with them and not you and not to sound a suck up here, but I enjoy your blog for your honesty and attitude. So keep being yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! The beasts were not gonna work out for me at all. You could throw them at someone, and probably knock them out for a good couple of hours.

      Its okay! Just gotta brush it off :)

      Delete
  6. YOU GO GIRL !!!! I love your assertive nature !! The sassy smart a$$ in me roots for you ! Its like can I give the computer a high five and I quietly say YES ! My family looks at me and says who are you talking too....

    On the runners ... now I know what my problem is with my dang shoes... they are corrective and the hurt like a SOB, I however do not run I walk a few KM up to 15 per week but man ohh man do my feet hurt ! I am so onto getting new ones and being specific to say I do not want corrective shoes ! THEY HURT !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Its okay, I talk to people all the time,(over the computer) Especially facebook. My favorite line is.. "No one gives a fuck"


      I would totally get new shoes. You want to feel comfortable, especially when walking. Yesterday, my shoes felt awesome with just walking. I ran a bit, they felt odd, but I think i could get used to them!!

      Delete