Apr 7, 2014

Fears and Junk.

On my way to work this morning, I was thinking about my next 30 days. About the challenge that I am about to take on. I then started thinking about my fears. What I am truly DEATHLY afraid of.

4. Roaches. JuneBugs. Skeeter Eaters.
I will straight up throw a baby at those three bugs. I DESPISE them. Skeeter Eaters find me. It is straight up their mission in life to get to me. Roaches are the most disgusting thing on this planet. I've seen Fear Factors where you can win a Million dollars just by being sitting in a bathtub, being covered by them. Hell to the absolute NAH. I would have to be sedated, and have no recollection, no knowing of it AT ALL. June bugs are death. I would come home before a certain time one summer so I didn't have to run into them. They have one direction, attack the Kaela. They could seriously take my house over with an army of 6. No lie.





3. Dying.
I know it is a natural part of life. It's still a fear of mine. Maybe I will come to peace with it one day. 

2. Losing the ones closest to me. Sometimes I'll think about it, and cry. The thoughts are paralyzing.

1. The fear of failing. I have mentioned this before. But, I think this is what has prevented me from so much in my life. I started my Whole30 challenge today. I am deathly afraid of it. Why? Why am I so afraid of food? Of being healthy? Of getting on the right track. I sabotage myself. Its 30 days.
THIRTY. DAYS.
I can do this. I will do this. I want to challenge every part of me. Poor Dayton, he has to live with me. I expect lots of mood swings.  But.. I think I can.. I think I can..





Choo Choo Mother Focka.

I have lots of goals for this year. Some I think are quite attainable. Some, probably won't happen.

The 64 lbs that I plan on losing WILL happen.
I also would like to be debt free.
This one might not happen. I need to sit down with a financial counselor. I would love to just get all of them paid off and just have one lump sum to pay on. Credit cards are seriously the devil. They make you feel all powerful. Swipe, swipe, swipity, swipe.



I mean why can't a little Hispanic girl and a purple monkey appear and say "Kaela, no swiping." And that be the magic trick. My card magically goes back in my wallet and I bow my head in shame and walk away. I am so impulsive. Curse my only child syndrome!!!

So here we go. Whole30 Day 1.

And on that note, I must bid you adieu.






 photo kaela_zpse4648d85.png

12 comments:

  1. You got this girl!!! Also, look up Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. There is prob a class in your area--it is amazing and will change your life when it comes to debt! My husband teaches it at our church! His principles are basic and anyone can do it--if you are ready!! Sounds like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! I'm doing a "modified" Whole 30 now....since my Birthday and Wedding Anniversary are within the same month, I figure it might be best to start May 1 - so now I'm eating as close to Whole 30 as I can get, knowing that 2 upcoming celebrations + Easter = no good. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the holidays are always going to be the hardest. I saw a thing on instragram, it's a freaking BACON festival.. Seriously.. It sounds like such sweet artery clogging heaven.

      Delete
  3. I did Whole30 earlier this year! In fact, I went for 65 days! You won't feel deprived. As long as you plan ahead and use all the many, many recipes out there, you'll never know you were doing anything other than just eating wonderful food! Nom Nom Paleo is my ultimate fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so darn picky!! I love feeling like I am cheating! I need to get some more recipes. Especially the dessert ones!!!

      Delete
  4. good luck with that! I am not doing the Whole30 but unconsciously my new meal plan that I've been on for three weeks is basically paleo. Can't wait to read how it goes. One of my friends just finished it and loved the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I am looking forward to my results. That's whats keeping me going! lol. day one, already hard.

      Delete
  5. Hi new to your blog and loving it. You can totally do it... One step at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I read the steps of how you would feel during the program. Today and tomorrow- Hangover day. Thursaday and Friday- Kill all the things. lol so yay me..

      Delete
  6. You go Girl!! Goood luck! You can do anything for 30 days! I am doing a 30 Day Spring Trim Challenge. Clean eating and bootcamp workouts! You got this! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my butt to working out, I'm hoping I get some more energy!! Good luck! Canit wait to hear about it!

      Delete